IBM Domino scanner for fme migration-center
fme's migration-center is an "out-of-the-box" software product supporting automated migraton of large document and data volumes between different types of source and target systems. Additional information on migration-center can be found here.
With the IBM Domino-Scanner für fme migration-center THiNK - e-solutions provides a migration-center add-on that allows for migraton of IBM Notes/Domino applications to other target systems supported by migration-center (e.g. EMC Documentum, Microsoft SharePoint or Alfresco).
When migrating Domino applications, the most important functionality is to completely extract the IBM Notes/Domino application's documents incl. all metadata and attachments while maintaining dependencies and links between documents (DocLinks, response documents etc.) as well as between documents and their attachments in a way that they can be re-created in the target system - provided the target system offers appropriate technical features.
Key functionality of the IBM Domino Scanner for fme migration-center are:
- Extraction of all metadata
- Export of documents in one of the following formats:
- Domino XML (DXL),
- Internet Message Format (EML) or
- Hypertext Markup Language (HTML).
- Optional transformation of the documents into one of the following formats:
- Hypertext Markup Language (HTML),
- Portable Document Format (PDF, PDF/A (PDF/A-1a, PDFD/A-1b)) or
- Microsoft Word (DOC, DOCX),
- Richtext Format (RTF).
- Extration of all attachments incl. embedded objects (OLE, embeeded Objects)
- Creation of relationsships between documents (DocLinks, response documents) as well as between documents and their attachments.
The scanner supports any kind of IBM Notes/Domino application. It is not necessary to modify the application in any way to use the scanner. The scanner is compatible with any IBM Notes/Domino version higher than 6.x.
The IBM Domino-Scanner for fme migration-center is in use at customers of varying size and different vertical markets. Details regarding the projects can be shared on request.